Are you an Indian citizen living in the United States who plans a trip to Japan? Then, this article is for you! Do Indian citizens being US residents even need a visa to visit Japan?
The US citizens currently do not need a visa to go to Japan for short-term recreational or professional stays. However, the travelers must present a valid US passport, which is difficult to obtain for Indian residents living in the States. You need to become a naturalized citizen in order to have a US passport.
Thus, Indian citizens living in the USA need to get a visa prior to their visit to Japan. The Japan visa for Indian citizens can get their Japan visa easily, either online or at an Embassy. Choose the Japan visa type that best suits your travel needs and the purpose of your visit.
Read on to learn all about the Japanese visa, its types, required documents, and the application process for Indian citizens in USA!
Table of Contents
Japan visa types for Indian citizens in USA
There are numerous types of the Japan visa available for Indian citizens living in the United States. The type you should choose depends on the purpose and the length of your visit.
Think about why you need to visit Japan, how long you plan to stay there, and then compare it with the accessible options.
All Indian citizens living in the United States have the following Japan visa options to choose from:
- short-term visas – obtainable at an Embassy and designed for all short-term visits to Japan. Indian citizens can choose this visa type for leisure, business, or transit purposes. Most short-term travel permits allow their holders to stay in Japan for up to 15 days and stay effective for 90 days.
- long-term visas – obtained at an Embassy and dedicated to all Indian citizens who plan to stay in Japan for a more extended period of time. If you plan to work, study, or live in Japan, this visa type is the right choice for you. The validity period, as well as the length of the permitted stay, differs depending on the selected long-term visa type.
- Japan e-Visa – is a single-entry visa obtainable entirely online, with no visits to the Embassy needed. The electronic Japan visa allows its holders to stay in Japan for up to 30 days and remains valid for 90 days (three months). This travel authorization document can be used for all tourism-related purposes, including recreation, leisure, sightseeing, going on vacation, or visiting family and friends.
Japan visa requirements for Indian citizens in USA
The least demanding requirements to meet for Indian citizens in USA are upon applying for the Japan e-Visa. Indian citizens who are US residents and wish to apply for the Japan visa online should prepare the following:
- an Indian passport with a minimum validity of 6 months starting from the planned date of arrival in Japan
- an active email address (the approved Japan e-Visa will be delivered onto the applicant’s email address)
- access to any online payment method to cover the Japan e-Visa fees (this can be a credit/debit card, a PayPal account, PayU, or any other from various ones available)
If you should decide to apply for a regular Japan visa from the United States as an Indian citizen, you will need to prepare a few more documents than that.
Some of the documents may have to be official, e.g., the Certificate of Eligibility. However, officially issued documents may take a bit longer to obtain, even up to three months. So, when applying via an Embassy, start preparing a few weeks before the planned departure date.
How can Indian citizens apply for the Japan e-Visa from the USA?
Indian citizens applying for the Japanese e-Visa from the US can use any working device with an internet connection to complete the process. Using your phone, laptop, PC, or tablet and spare a few minutes from your day to follow these 3 steps:
- Complete the application form – fill the online form with your personal and travel details. This step takes a few minutes to be completed but is the most crucial one in the whole process. Make sure that the data you provide is correct and that there is no missing information.
- Cover the Japan e-Visa costs – using your credit/debit card, a PayPal account, PayU, or any other online payment method from several available, pay for issuing your Japanese e-Visa.
- Wait for the approved document to arrive – the processed Japanese e-Visa will be delivered to the applicant’s email box in the form of a PDF file.
Please note! The electronic visa for Japan processing time takes up to 72 hours. Therefore, make sure to apply at least 3 business days prior to the planned date of the trip to Japan.
The key to a successfully approved e-Visa application is filling the application form correctly. Once you complete the form with all the necessary data, check it thoroughly and make sure there are no errors and that no information is missing. Taking this precautionary step can help you avoid any delays or issues with e-Visa approval.
Benefits of applying for the Japanese e-Visa for Indian citizens in USA
The electronic visa for Japan comes with numerous benefits for all Indian citizens living in the United States! If you decide to get your Japan visa online, you can be sure to receive the following benefits:
- a 3-day processing time
- the approved travel e-Visa arriving straight to your email inbox in PDF form
- no visits to the Embassy
- a quick and easy online application form that consists of only three simple steps
- full assistance of a professional team of experts via both email and phone
- a single-entry travel permit for a 30-day stay related to leisure
- a 3-month validity period
- the possibility to apply anywhere at any time using any working device with an internet connection!
Get your Japanese e-Visa from the USA as an Indian citizen in just 3 business days from now! The approved document will reach you via email, and you will now be ready for your dream trip to Japan!