Table of Contents
Japan Visa for Chinese Citizens
Japan is working hard to boost its tourism, and one of the most effective strategies is to begin issuing electronic visas.
After all, we are all more inclined to travel if the visa application procedure is quick and painless. Because Chinese tourists account for more than half of all visitors to Japan each year, the Japanese government opted to give e-Visas to them initially.
What is a Japan e-Visa?
The Japan e-Visa is an electronic visa or a document that permits its owners to enter Japan. Foreign tourists are now eligible to apply for a visa online using any computer or mobile device with an internet connection!
Fill out the electronic visa application form in a few minutes and let the experts manage the process of visa handling. The approved Japan e-Visa will be sent to your email address in PDF format.
Read on to learn about the online Japan visa available for Chinese citizens and how to submit a successful application, the validity duration, and other important information!
Do Chinese citizens need a visa to visit Japan?
Yes, indeed! When planning a journey to Japan, including short-term and long-term stays, Chinese people will require a Japan visa.
Please keep in mind that applying for a Japan visa online is the best option. The Japan e-Visa is a one-time-use visa that may be obtained online.
You don’t have to rush to the Embassy again and again to get your visa. Now you can simply just apply online while sitting at your home with your smartphone and strong internet connection.
It is valid for three months and permits a 30-day stay in Japan. It does not need a visit to an Embassy by the applicants.
Can Chinese citizens apply for a visa to Japan online?
Chinese visitors can apply for the new Japan e-Visa (online visa) for short trips to Japan. The online application will take only a few minutes to complete and will save tourists the time and trouble of visiting an Embassy or Consulate in person.
Citizens of China were one of the first nationalities to be eligible for the new online visa. All you need to apply is a valid passport, an active email address, and access to any online payment method!
Requirements for the regular Japan tourist visa for Chinese Citizens
It’s crucial to go over the list of visa criteria for the regular Japan tourist visa while applying from China. The following are the conditions for obtaining a Japanese visa from China at an Embassy:
- A valid Chinese passport with two blank visa pages, signed by the applicant.
- The filled-out visa application form
- A recent passport-sized photograph with a white background should be attached to the application form
- Proof that you have the money to go on the trip
- A list of travel arrangements for the duration of your stay in Japan, including dates, places, contact information, and staying at a hotel
When choosing to apply for a regular visa at an Embassy, these documents constitute a complete paperwork that needs to be submitted to an official Japanese institution.
Documents required for Japan e-Visa for Chinese Citizens
Now, for comparison, let’s take a look at the list of required documents when applying for a visa online.
Chinese nationals will need to have their valid passport. Some information, such as the passport number, issuance date, and expiration date is required.
It is critical to ensure that the passport stays valid for at least six months from the date of the planned trip.
The Chinese tourist must supply a contact email address to get confirmation of their Japan e-Visa. Finally, after the application is complete, there is a minor processing charge to pay.
This may be done with a credit/ debit card or any other method of online payment. The result of the application will be decided within 2-3 business days after the form has been submitted and processed by authorities.
As you can see, only three requirements need to be met before applying for the Japanese e-Visa from China!
How can Chinese citizens apply for a Japan e-Visa?
Filling the basic information section of the application form will be the first step to conduct. You’ll have to provide some essential personal information, such as your name, address, passport number, contact number, nationality, email address, and more.
Next, you will need to cover the fees using any online payment method of choice. It can be a banking card, PayPal, PayU, or any other method. You should also double-check the completed form to ensure that all of the information provided is correct.
Once you’ve completed all of that, you may submit your form, and your Japan e-Visa will arrive through email within 72 hours or less!
The approved travel permit comes in the form of a PDF file that is delivered straight to the applicant’s email box.
Things you need to remember
- Each tourist must apply for a Japan e-Visa separately.
- All online Japan visa applicants must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least 6 months from the planned date of travel.
- Parents or guardians should take care of applications for all underage travelers.
- Your e-Visa will become invalid if you modify any information on your passport, lose it, or it expires.
- To minimize approval delays, double-check your e-Visa application for mistakes when filling out the form. The Japan e-Visa is sent in PDF format to the applicant’s email address.
Benefits of using the e-Visa services
There are many benefits when using the e-Visa services, including:
- The application process is conducted entirely online and simply includes three basic stages to the application procedure which has been discussed above. (Filling the application form, covering the fees using any online payment method, and checking your email box.).
- The accepted e-Visa is delivered as a PDF file to the applicant’s email address. It just takes 72 hours to complete the processing which is 3 business days.
- Applicants are not required to visit the Embassy during the application process instead, a team of visa specialists is available to help all applicants by email and phone if you have any problems with your application.
- The application process can be completed using any working device with an internet connection, even your phone!
- The Japanese e-Visa allows its holders to stay in Japan for up to 30 days (one month) for all tourism-related purposes.