Japan online visa is a new concept that was intially introduced to faciliypes of Visa to Japtate traveling to the country, especially with the 2021 Olympics in sight! The Japan e-Visa allows its holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days and serves as a single-entry permit.
The electronic entry permits cath validity must extend beyonn be used for all tourism-related purposes, which means that you can:
- explore the country and try all of the tourist attractions available
- attend the upcoming 2021 Olympics
- go on vacation
Apply for your Japan visa online using any working device with an internet connection. All you have to do is prepare a valid passport and complete a 3-step applciation process. Spare just a few minutes while on a break at work, at home, or at any other place where you have access to the internet!
Japan online visa requirements
The online Japan visa requirements are elementary and easy to meet. To apply for the online tourist visa, all you have to have is a passport that will not expire for a minimum of 6 months.
Please note! The obligatory 6-month validity must extend beyond the planned date of arrival in Japan. Check if your passport will not expire before starting the online visa application process.
All eligible passport holders with an active email address and any means of an online payment method are free to apply for their Japan visa online.
TIP! Submit your application at least 3 business days ahead of the planned trip to receive the approved entry permit on time.
Regular Japan visa requirements
If you plan on applying for one of the regular Japan visas, the requirements to meet are a bit more complicated. There more documents that need to be prepared and submitted at the nearest Japan Embassy, whereas the electronic visa does not require you to visit any official institution upon applying.
The regular tourist visa to Japan requires preparing the following documents:
- a valid passport (for at least 6 months forth from the date of the planned trip, including 2 blank pages)
- a trip itinerary
- a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- a copy of the marriage certificate (in instances when the certificate was issued within last year)
- a bank statement covering your financial situation from the previous 6 months (to prove that you have the sufficient funds for the trip)
- tax return
- a copy of the certificate of employment (when you don’t have a sponsor to your visa application)
- a filled application form
- the applicant’s face photograph (in color)
As you can see, the regular visa to Japan requires more time-consuming preparation for the application process and is a bit more complicated overall.
That’s why it’s best to apply for a Japan visa online and enjoy the tourist entry permit in an electronic form!
Types of Visa to Japan
Besides the electronic Japan visa, the country offers numerous regular entry permits that differ when it comes to the intended purpose of usage.
All passport holders can submit a visa application for a:
- Japan tourist visa: is a single-entry 30-day permit that was designed for anyone who wants to go sightseeing in Japan, explore the country, visit relatives or friends, go on vacation, attend a conference, or take part in a course.
- Japan transit visa: is yet another short-term entry permit that allows its holders to stay in Japan for the purposes of transiting through the country. Reach any final destination of choice via Japan and don’t worry about the layover time!
- Japan work visa: is a long-term document dedicated to all highly-professional, skilled workers, e.g., engineers. This type of entry permit is further divided into specific types that differ depending on your profession.
How to apply for the Japan visa online?
If your country makes you eligible for the electronic Japan visa, grab your valid passport and read on to learn how can you complete the application process in three simple steps!
Contrary to the regular Japan visas, the e-Visa does not require the applicants to visit an Embassy or any other official institution. The whole process from start to finish is conducted online!
Online visa application guide:
- Fill the application form: the first step requires providing basic personal and travel details in an online form. Put in your name, surname, birth date, nationality, email address, and passport information.
- Cover the Japan e-Visa fees: now cover the fees using any online payment method you prefer. Pay using a credit/debit card, a PayPal account, a PayU, or any other method.
- Wait for approval: immediately upon registering your payment, a confirmation number will be sent to your email box. e-Visa arrived in PDF form within a maximum of 72 hours.
Please note! To get your electronic Japan visa delivered on time, make sure to apply at least 3 days ahead of the planned trip. Moreover, the key to a successfully approved application is filling the application form correctly. Double-check the provided information to avoid elongating the processing time.
How can I cover the Japan online visa fees?
There are several payment methods that each applicant can use to cover the Japan e-Visa fees. The payment, as the whole application process, can be completed without any visit to an Embassy.
Choose any online payment method that will be the most convenient to you and use it to cover the fees for your Japan online visa.
Use your credit/debit card, try paying via PayPal, select the PayU payment, or use any other method choosing from several available!
Japan tourist visa validity period
The electronic Japan entry permit is a single-entry visa that allows all tourists to stay in Japan for up to one month. However, the validity period that starts on the date of issue is longer than that and equals three months.
Please remember! Not to lose the e-Visa 3-month validity earlier, make sure not to lose your passport, change any data on it, and check if it won’t expire for the whole duration of the trip.
Use your single-entry visa that now comes in an electronic form within 90 days from receiving it to cross the Japan border without any issues!
What happens after I receive the online Japan visa?
Have you already completed the e-Visa application process and are now waiting for approval? The processed entry permit will be delivered to your email box as a PDF file.
Please note! The processing time may take up to 72 hours (3 business days). Not to elongate the waiting time, please check the visa application form thoroughly. Make sure there are no errors or any misinformation before submitting the form.
Check your email box frequently after submitting the form and you will find the PDF file containing your approved Japan online visa.
Next, print it out and have it prepared along with your valid passport for your future visit to Japan. The appropriate authorities may check if you have the two documents ready upon your arrival.
What to do if I made a mistake on my Japan visa application?
The best way to solve any issues that have occured during or after completing the application process, is to contact our support team via email or phone.
The Japan e-Visa has minimum requirements and allows foreing travelers to apply entirely online. That is why any issues can be resolved from home as well!
It’s crucial to submit the application form without any errors, mistakes, or misinformation, since it may elongate the processing tim
Benefits of applying for the Japan visa online
Starting from the elementary list of required documents, ending on a quick and easy visa application process, applying online brings numerous benefits to all foreign travelers.
If you decide to submit the electronic visa application form online, you can be sure to be granted the following:
- online visa requirements for Japan are more than simple, all you need is a valid passport
- you can apply for a visa anywhere at any time! Make sure that you have an internet connection and submit the form
- the e-Visa for Japan can be used for all tourism purposes
- the application process is quick and intuitive
- applying online takes just a few minutes!
- e-Visas arrives at the travelers’ email boxes as PDF files
- the processing time takes maximally 72 hours (3 business days)
- our support team is available to assist all foreign travelers using our services
- no Embassy visits, time-consuming collection of paperwork, waiting in long lines needed!