Are you a Bangladeshi citizen who is planning to visit Japan this year? Then this post is for you!
Everything you need to know about the Japan visa, types of the Japan visa, Japan visa application process, and much more!
Table of Contents
Japan visa types for Bangladeshi Citizens
The Japanese government is indeed planning to bring out a new electronic system of travel visas. Tourists can easily apply online to get permission before their travels.
More than three million tourists from around the globe and more than 50,000 people travel from Bangladesh to Japan each year, for sightseeing, educational, and business purposes.
Japan visa comes in two types; short-term entry permits and long-term entry permits which can be obtained at the Embassy.
Moreover, Bangladeshi citizens will be eligible for the Japan e-Visa that allows a 30-day stay in the country and stays valid for 3 months from the date it’s issued.
It can also be obtained in a more trouble-free way than the regular visas once the system has been properly implemented.
Regular Japan visa for Bangladeshi Citizens – More Information
It can be used for tourism and sightseeing purposes in Japan and will cost between 3000-6000 YENs.
However, it is to be noted that you can stay up to 15 days with a regular visa and it is valid only for three months from the issuing date.
It can be obtained at the Japanese Embassy and the visa is usually processed in 5 business days, however during busy times this can be longer, even up to 10 business days. Applicants will be informed of the pickup date on submission.
Japan e-Visa for Bangladeshi Citizens – More Information
The main aim of the Japan e-Visa system is to simplify the entire visa application process, and therefore, eliminate the need to visit the Embassy.
If you decide to get a Japan visa from Bangladesh online, it will be issued in no longer than 72 hours! The approved documents from the Embassy will arrive at your provided email inbox in PDF form.
The Japan e-Visa allows a stay of up to 30 days and stays effective for 3 months from the date it’s issued. It can be used for tourism purposes and serves as a single-entry permit.
Types of Regular Japan Visa for Bangladeshi Citizens
Besides the Japan e-Visa, there are different types of the regular Japan visa that depends on the purpose of the trip and how long are you planning to stay in the country. There is:
- Short term visa
The short-term visa allows you to stay up to 90 days and it is suitable for those who are traveling to Japan for sightseeing purposes, short business purposes, and to visit friends and family.
These are issued based on the passport holder’s situation and can be either a single-entry permit or a double-entry permit.
- Long term visa
The long-term visa are for those travelers who intend to stay in Japan for more than 90 days. However, the reason to travel should be more specific.
For example, if you are traveling for a stay between 3 months to 3 years, or if you are going to study in Japan, wish to relocate for work purposes, or to live with your spouse, this is a more suitable type of visa to apply for.
Japan Visa Requirements for Bangladeshi Citizens
- A passport that will stay valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of travel and has a minimum of two blank pages for visa stamp.
- Copies of your valid passport.
- Filled and signed Japan Visa Application Form.
- Two passport size photographs with a matt or semi-matt finish, recently taken (not older than 3 months), clearly showing the applicant’s face, with a white background. (The size of passport size photographs: 35mm x 45mm)
- Covering Letter with the applicant’s name, passport number, country of travel, the purpose of the travel, the financial costs of the trip bearer, addressed to The Visa Officer, Embassy of Japan, Dhaka.
- Invitation letter if visiting friends, family or traveling for business purposes.
- Airline and hotel reservation information along with the full detailed itinerary of Japan travel.
- A passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of the travel.
- An active email address so that you can get the approved e-Visa through email.
- Access to any online payment method to pay for the e-Visa.
The requirements are minimal and the whole application process can be completed on any working device with an internet connection!
How to apply for a Japan Visa from Bangladesh?
- Fulfill the above stated regular visa requirements. Collect the documents, complete the visa application form and submit them at the embassy.
- You must prepare for the application process at least a few weeks before the planned trip to Japan.
- Fill the online visa application form by providing the basic personal and travel details, email address, passport information. Next, make sure there are no errors.
- Cover the e-Visa fees using any method of online payment you’d prefer.
- Check your email inbox for the approved Japan e-Visa, which will be delivered in PDF form in less than 72 hours of application.
Apply for your Japan e-Visa from Bangladesh and receive it in just 3 business days via email!